Tuesday, June 26, 2012

1.9

The next couple days I felt pretty sick, so I stayed indoors. Will brought me presents in the form of flowers and snacks constantly. He showered me with kisses and affection, the complete opposite of Dumba-I mean, Darren. I was feeling particularly bloated one day and put on my "fat" clothes.


I had a crazy craving for pancakes, which is weird, because I absolutely love waffles. As I was making them it hit me. "I'm pregnant!" I squealed to myself, delighted at first. Then I thought of Will...what would he think? I really wanted to wait until after we were married to start a family, but I'm okay with starting now. Willard...I don't know what his ideals were. How inconsiderate of me. I'm rushing him into this, I'm so selfish.

All day I wallowed around, debating whether or not I should tell him. Of course I should, but I don't want him to leave me for not following the master plan, if he had one. I know I did and I'm veering off course. All my plans for the future are not going accordingly and it was kind of stressing me out. After hours of debating I finally called Will and asked him to meet me at the park. He waved cheerfully as I walked up to him.
"Wow, you look amazing, Midori! Like you're glowing today!" he gushed, pecking me on the cheek. "I was in the middle of writing, but I'd drop anything to come see you."
"Well, um, how is the manuscript coming along?"
"What's wrong, Midori? You look worried..." he trailed off, then his eyes brightened as if he realized something, then looked devastated. "Are you-do you not want to marr-"
"That's ridiculous, Willard! Of course I still want to marry you, it's just.."
"Midori, you can tell me, I love you."


"I'm pregnant, Will," he looked surprised and I could tell he was thinking about Darren, "It's yours of course," I reassured, "You're the only one I've slept with."


A huge grin was then plastered on his face. "Oh my gloob, this is amazing!"
"You're not mad? I thought you would maybe want to wait until after the wedding.."
"Of course I'm not mad! I don't care about the wedding, you're pregnant! With my child!"
"But I really wanted to be married before children, this is a bad sign, things aren't going to work out."
"You're being ridiculous..If it's really that big of a deal to you, let's get married right now!!"
"But Willard!!"
"Look, you weren't inviting your family and I don't have any real friends I'd like to share this moment with, so.."




We exchanged rings and married right then in the park.

He moved in right away. We didn't want to live with his roommates, with a baby on the way and all. I bought a computer so he could work on his writing and for once I'd get to see him actually work. He talked to me about the plans for the house, we decided we needed more room. He would have to sell lots of books and I would have to do a lot of shows to get where we wanted to be. I hope this is my happily ever after..

No comments:

Post a Comment