Thursday, June 21, 2012

1.3


After the show I went home and slept like a log. I don't have enough money for lights yet, so sleeping is about all I can do at night if I'm home. This town seemed nice so far, they have nothing against a woman trying to find her place in the world. I remembered Will from the day before and I had a feeling he wouldn't call me. I still felt terrible for running into him, he looks like the kind of guy that people use as a doormat. After a couple hours of lazing around the house I decided to look him up and give him a call.

He answered the phone so sheepishly and I reminded him of yesterday's events and how he agreed to come over for dinner. I know that last part isn't true since I didn't give him enough time to accept or deny my invitation, but boys never remember what they tell a girl.
"Well, I kind of had some...uh...plans," he started.
"But you promiiissed!" I whined.

I need social contact, like, all the time. A couple hours without talking to someone is torture for me and the stray cat that keeps ripping up my newspaper before I can read it just isn't cutting it.

"And I'm sooo lonely! We don't have to do dinner, you can come over now, just for a little, then I have to practice my routine. Maybe I can show it to you!" I begged. Finally, he agreed, though he didn't sound to enthusiastic.

He arrived rather quickly, he must live close. He didn't look like he was in too good of a mood, I hope it wasn't from my begging. Plus, who can stay mad at me? I asked him how his day was going when he blew up.


"I'm having a terrible day! I just received 4 rejection letters from these publishers... they're not even big companies! They're independent! And they're going to tell me my stories are bad!? I bet they didn't even read the manuscript!" He was fuming. No wonder he seemed in a bad mood today.

"So what were your plans, to just sit around sulking about not getting published?" I joked.
"It's not that easy being an aspiring writer..." He mumbled.
"Aww, I was just kidding, so reason to be all soppy. You just gotta write about what you know, you know? The story will come to you. And hey, I bet you're an amazing writer, I bet you a hundred dollars that you're right about them not reading the manuscript because they would have published you in a heartbeat!"
"Thanks, but, I know you're just saying that.."
"Look at me! Why would I say things that weren't true? I'll always be honest with you!"

I saw a slight smile forming on his face, but he just stared at the ground. It started to get stuffy with all the negativity so I went to the room and grabbed a pillow. This kid is just too depressing! I tiptoed towards him, his head still hung, I guess he was lost in thought or something. Either way he was being too serious so I threw a pillow at the back of his head as hard as I could.
"Ow!" He exclaimed, turning towards me with his mouth hung open. I hit him again.
 "You're crazy!" He yelled as I wailed on him.
"Fight back!" I giggled psychotically.


Will was actually a lot of fun. We quickly became good friends. I knew he'd be my best friend at Starlight Shores. I would cheer him up whenever he got frustrated with his writing and he would help me practice my routines. I was really trying to become stronger so it would be easier to keep my balance and I could do more advanced tricks and he would cheer me on no matter how badly I did.


I'm really making a name for myself here in Starlight Shores. I'm invited to parties almost every night, I must have quite the celebrity status as I always have paparazzi following me or someone asking for a picture. I don't mind though, I love what I do and I will keep working until I'm the best at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment