Tuesday, June 26, 2012

1.11

After the girls time was moving so fast. Willard has reached his golden years and published two books. Both of them were major hits and have been bringing in a small income. He's working on his third novel, but won't tell me what it's about. Before I knew it I was pregnant with our third child.


As soon as I noticed the slightest hint of pregnant belly I had to tell Willard right away. He was just feeding little Makoto, like the wonderful husband he is, when I told him. Of course nothing but joy was written on his face. I was a little worried, though, as I was also getting older. I couldn't bear the thought of never meeting my grandchildren so I shoved it to the back of my mind.


Since I couldn't stand for long periods of time without my feet swelling up I taught the girls how to talk and Will taught them how to walk. I tried to help with the potty training, but it's hard to bend over with a growing belly, so Willard handled that as well. The girls were growing so fast, their birthday was approaching. I was afraid that the new baby would be born the same day as their birthday, though it would be convenient, I'd rather them have their own special birthdays. 

Luckily enough, the baby decided to come a couple days before their birthday. 


I really wasn't expecting the baby so soon and Willard was off running errands. I couldn't leave the girls alone, plus I was in too much pain to even think of calling anybody. I screamed and cried. hoping a neighbor would hear me, but all my efforts were in vain. Finally, after scarring Mandarin for life, the baby arrived! It was a boy!!


He seemed perfectly healthy, despite the fact I just had a home birth, no midwife or husband or anything! I was pretty proud of my accomplishment, it wasn't that hard in retrospect! Willard and I already had a name picked out in case it was a boy, Maddox.


Maddox Minune. He inherited more of my features than his father's, but he had brown eyes. Must be from Will's side of the family, because all my family have light colored eyes.

Willard finally came home, apparently he was at a writer's meet to get his work critiqued. He was definitely excited to have a boy and apologized profusely for not being there for me. I wasn't even the slightest bit upset because Willard is the perfect husband and Maddox, the perfect son.


No comments:

Post a Comment