Wednesday, June 20, 2012

1.1


My career wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Back home I wasn't able to train myself, just watch the awesome sims on television. Working out was not very ladylike, plus I had no reason to. I was forced to keep my figure with a strict diet. The beach didn't seem very crowded that day so if I did horribly on my first day not too many people would notice. I tried to mime pulling a rope, I did decent. My best was walking against the wind. I fell over a few times. Either I did really, really bad or nobody noticed me because I didn't make a single cent.


I went back to the park, as that magician was having another show. I thought maybe some fellow mimes could give me a tip or two. I was becoming discouraged, but I had to stay strong! I didn't abandon my old life just to make it to Starlight Shores, Starlight Shores!, of all places, just to give up! Out of the corner of my eye I saw a man that looked stressed out. He kept glancing at the stage, then his watch, then a clipboard,  then started the cycle over again. He looks like the one in charge, I thought to myself, and waltzed up to him.


"Sir, I know you're very busy, but if you could just hear me out! My name is Midori Minune and I just left everything behind to move here to become a famous acrobat and I really want to do a show on your stage and it would really help me out if you said yes! I think it would be my big break! Please, sir!" I gasped, taking a huge breath when I was finally done speaking. 

"Miss," I heard the exasperation in his voice, "I don't let anyone on my stage without an audition and right now there's a show-"

"I can do that! I'll be quick I promise!!"

Without giving him a chance to think about it, I did my best "trapped in a box" technique!


"Hmm..." he thought to himself. His vocalizing the fact that he's thinking makes me nervous, it'd be better if he was just silent and not watching my audition. I wish he would just automatically let me on stage, no paperwork, no stupid auditions.

"I guess you're pretty good." He stated, sounding somewhat bored. "How about you do a show tomorrow night? 8:30, don't embarrass yourself. Show business is hard business."

The biggest, cheesiest smile spread across my face. I felt bad he had to deal with my B.O. but, hey, I was practicing! I ran home as fast as I could and screamed with glee before jumping into bed to dream of the high trapeze.

2 comments:

  1. I love your main character! She is so adorable(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you! She's my first Sim not based on myself Lol

      Delete