Wednesday, June 27, 2012

1.12



The girls were really growing to be their own individuals. Makoto was starting to be a little obnoxious, she refuses to eat anything unless it is in juice form and leaves the juice boxes everywhere!


Mandarin was glued to the sofa watching the music channels all day. When she did communicate it was to complain about the mess her sister left around, which seemed to make Makoto leave bigger messes while her sister was around.


There was definitely some sibling rivalry, but we loved them both equally and we tried to show them that.




Whatever we did wasn't stopping the animosity from building between the two.


My birthday was here faster than I expected. I didn't want to celebrate it with a big crowd of people or anything, the girls didn't even know it was my birthday. The television broke and they had been asking for me to fix it all day, but I kept putting it off. I was so anxious about being "old". Will my back hurt? Would I get arthritis? Will I be forced to retire!? I haven't even achieved my dream of being a Master Acrobat, yet! Mandarin was especially upset about the television and didn't seem the slightest bit excited when I started being silly about my birthday. Makoto was in good spirits, though.



I hardly felt any different, except my hair was a gross green-grey color. Makoto smiled at me, "You're beautiful, Mom!" For some reason the compliment sounded forced, but the smile genuine. Mandarin just frowned at me and pointed at the television, "I'm missing Cady Berry perform live in Bridgeport, Mom!" I sighed and searched for my screw driver. "I can't believe you girls are making me do this! On my birthday! How cruel!" I whined dramatically. They giggled a little while I began taking the television apart. I've fixed the old cheap television a hundred times and they all can't be that different on the inside, but when I opened it all I saw was a confusing mess of wires and little colorful, metal cards. As soon as I even touched the screwdriver to the television I was electrocuted.


I heard the girls screaming, but they sounded so far away, a roaring sound was drowning them out. I saw Mandarin and Makoto having a double wedding, Maddox having going with his date to prom. A laughing baby with a green tuft of hair; all the things I'd miss if I died right now. Thank Glob I survived.

I lied on the floor taking deep breaths. "Mom! Mom!" Mandarin cried, "Mom! Please! Are you okay!?" She apologized over and over and then I finally replied, "I'm calling a glob blob repairman!" Makoto screeched with laughter, Mandarin gave her a dirty look so she sulked off to her bedroom. I stood up, called the repairman so that Mandarin could see, then ordered her to bed as well. "You're first day of school is tomorrow and I will not be embarrassed by having you fall asleep in class!"

I took a shower and immediately afterwards I had to hold my little Maddox. I felt so guilty for almost leaving him behind with his crazy sisters.


In the morning I saw the girls were up and talking about something on the couch together. Mandarin looked upset and Makoto was deep in thought about whatever the subject was.


"What's wrong, girls?"
Makoto jumped off the couch, surprised, "Nothing, Mom! We're, um, just nervous about school, right Mandarin?"
"Yeah.." she replied halfheartedly.

"Hmm..Well, did you eat breakfast?" I was slightly suspicious, but two little girls couldn't possibly be up to anything too terrible.
"We don't have time, Mom!" Makoto argued. Then the school bus honked, so I guess she was right, and she bounded out the door. "Come on, Mandy!"
I hated that she called her Mandy, where did she even learn that? I've always called her Mandarin. Anyway, Mandarin sulked after her and they were off to their first day of school!


"Will! I'm going out to book some shows!" I called to him. He was cleaning up after Makoto in the dining room and then he was probably going to start writing. Maddox was sleeping, so there was nothing better to do. I'm ready to be at the top of my career, this is moving too slowly.


"See you soon!" I pecked him on the cheek and called the car service, they arrive pretty quickly so I waited outside. 

I did audition...


...after audition.


I made every audition! I wasn't even that tired, surprisingly, so I decided to work for some tips. I wasn't going to make any money doing anything else that day.


My new title as an "elder" definitely wasn't going to slow me down! Nothing but the grim reaper himself can stop me!

2 comments:

  1. OMG My heart jumped! I thought she was really going to die!!! But she looks good as an elder :)


    http://themasonfamilylegacy.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to be so upset if she died. Haha. Thanks, I think she looks good, too! Can't say the same for Willard.

      Delete