Saturday, June 23, 2012

1.6

After that day Darren seemed to be back to being the nice guy that I love. He was giving me flowers every chance he could, whispering sweet nothings in my ear, just being romantic. As much as I hate to admit it, I love that stuff and he pulls it off so perfectly. We never did have that "talk" I wanted and now seemed like the perfect moment. "Do you think we'll get married?"

He looked taken aback, then smiled. "Of course, Princess! We're going to get married and have tons of babies!"
"When? Do you think..?" He looked slightly irked at this question, I blushed. "Why are you so interested in this all of a sudden?"
"Well, I really love you and I want to be married before I have children...and if I'm going to have 'tons of babies', well, I was really expecting to...well.." Then, I just did it, since I didn't think he would anytime soon.


"Darren, will you marry me?" He looked completely perturbed now.
"I don't have time for this. You want to get married? I don't even know if you're any good in bed yet, you're such a prude."
My throat was closing up. How could I even think of Darren?


"You're such a tease!" He was hurling insults. "You flaunt around like you're the hottest chick that's ever existed in Starlight Shores and you don't even put out."
My eyes were burning.."You-You're a jerk!" It's all I could manage to screech. He seemed to have some sick fetish for making me feel loved then tearing my heart in two.


"Call me when you get over this stupid dream," he mumbled, slamming the door on his way out.

All I could think was to call Willard, my best friend. He warned me about stupid Darren and I ignored him. Will even liked me, maybe even liked me a lot, maybe even...I definitely had to call him. He's was the only other person I could talk to in Starlight Shores, anyway.

He rushed over right away, of course. He let me cry and cry and didn't ask a thing, not until I finally told him what happened. "So, you guys are over?" He asked, a little hesitantly, as if he wasn't sure if it was the right thing to say. "I think so...No, definitely." I didn't mind that he asked, it was cute. We sat there in silence for awhile. I was kicking myself for thinking that Darren was my knight when Will has been here for me this whole time. Will is the one that I sit around and do nothing with, he's the one that sits through my critiques of the latest romance novel, even if he hates romance novels, he cheers me on while I practice. Darren did none of those things...except creep on me in secret at the gym. Will ran to rescue me from boredom when Darren wouldn't, Willard is my knight in shining armor.

"Hey, you wanna sleep over? I really don't want to be alone tonight.." I broke the silence, he jumped when I spoke, but accepted excitedly. "I'm just going to change into my pajamas and we can watch a movie, sorry the television sucks though."
"I'm used to it," he laughed.


We cuddled up to each other right away. I wasn't even paying attention to the movie. My head was racing with thoughts about the past weeks. Life has been moving so fast, but at this moment time was going so slow. Will was so warm and I felt so comfortable. I was starting to get a little sleepy, I felt drunk from the day's events. Will turned to me and I think he said my name, his lips were all I was focused on.


No comments:

Post a Comment