Tuesday, June 26, 2012

1.7

Will left early the next morning, as the sun was just peaking over the hills. The night was amazing, I never realized how perfect he was for me. I was waving goodbye as his car disappeared around the corner when Darren stepped out from the side of my house.


"What was he doing here?" he spit.
"None of your business Darren! What do you want? I don't even want to talk to you!"

Accusations came flying out of his mouth about me cheating on him with Willard. He was sure we had slept together, last night and all the times Darren and I weren't together. No matter what I told him about Will he was sure we had sex.


"All we do is hang out and read books, sometimes he helps me around the house and with my practice, Darren! What do you care? I tried to call you to do those things with me, but you're too busy mathing off or whatever the hell you do!"
That's when he told me, I don't know if he said it out of anger, if it's really true. I couldn't stop myself from slapping him. "All that time, Darren!? All that time you were with someone else that would give it up!?"


I felt sick. "Get out of here!" I shrieked. I can't believe it. I felt so sick to my stomach. I'm so happy I chose to save myself. He laughed at me, I think, I heard him laugh. My eyes were clouded with hot tears. "Go away! Don't talk to me ever again! Get off my property!" I screamed anything I could to make him go away, obscenities I never thought I knew. I hate Darren, he is the worst thing that ever happened to me and I'm glad I didn't sleep with him. Lord knows what would happen if he spawned a child. I couldn't stop thinking about Darren and I'm sure Will was probably sleeping or working, plus I didn't want to bother him crying about Darren after I kissed him last night, so I worked out.




I did a little strength training, well, a lot of strength training. I just kept pushing myself, after a couple hours I felt pretty pumped. I was bored with working out in the living room so I decided maybe I should audition for a show. I was feeling pretty confident, I think it was from the slap. The adrenaline from the argument just wasn't going away.

On my way to the venue sims would stop and whisper to each other as I walked past. They were probably talking about my fight with Darren, I wouldn't be surprised if some paparazzi was hiding out somewhere. I don't get how people can be so caught up in my life, it's extra boring. The tabloids just make fun of my stage wear, probably. I walked into the venue and the proprietor was at the door, as if she was waiting for me. "Oh, Midori! I was hoping you'd come here soon, I always see you at the park and the coffeehouse! Are you ready for something bigger? I heard what happened with your poor boyfriend, but that new guy is lucky lucky!!" She schmoozed. Wow, news traveled fast. She knew I was broken up with Darren and had something with Will? "You sure do know a lot about me," I replied.
"Oh, everyone is talking about it dear! Darren was here earlier pouring his heart out for you, the poor thing, but you are one scandalous, hot momma! I don't hate!"
"Whatever he told you, it's not true," I frowned, "Look I just want to do my audition, okay?"


I was perturbed and I don't think I would have even had to audition for this lady, she would have taken me either way. Apparently she loves scandalous happenings and I was the hottest at the moment. I didn't even bother trying to tell her the real story, I wasn't going to stoop to his level. Let people think what they want, I don't care, I'm trying to live my life the best I know how and that's by working. Working towards my goals...I called Will. Not to talk about my day, I needed to ask him something. I got home and changed into my pajamas, I guess I should shower, but he was already on his way. I was just too excited to even plan this out.

The doorbell rang and my hands started sweating profusely, it didn't feel like this when I asked Darren, I wasn't this nervous. Was I afraid of him saying no? With Darren I kind of had a feeling he would say no, but with Will, I had no idea. I hope he doesn't think I'm crazy for asking him so soon. I opened the door and all I could see was his warm smile.
"Hi, Midori!" he greeted me cheerfully. God, he was such a great guy.
"H-hi, um..come in, Willard."
"Willard?" He eyed me suspiciously, "You only call me that when you're serious, everything ok?"
"Well..." I kneeled down, "You have always been there for me since I've come to Starlight Shores, no matter the situation. I never realized my feelings for you before...and..well I'm feeling them full force!"
He just stared at me, I couldn't tell if he was confused or frightened of what I was about to say, so I just pulled out the small box and opened it, the light reflected off the diamond making it look fancier than it actually was.

"Willard Wright, will you marry me?"


No comments:

Post a Comment