Friday, June 22, 2012

1.4

The gym was becoming a regular hang out spot for me, like I knew it would. I would usually work with the weights and chin up bar, I needed to work on my upper body strength. I realized that is the key to becoming a better acrobat. After my workout I usually have some juice and lazed around the pool, checking out all the hot guys. None of them ever seemed interested in dating. I mean I'm an independent girl, but I still try to be traditional in the romantic sense. Approach me, men! Come sweep me off my feet! Well, It's not like I have time for a boyfriend, anyway, I have my dream to focus on..

It wouldn't hurt to get a little love though.

I worked with the chin-ups bar yesterday so I decided to use the weight machine today. The music that was playing sucked so hard I had to change it. A cute guy with a nice body was using the machine next to the stereo. "Mind if I change this? I won't be able to work out in here if this horrible music is playing. You look like the kind of guy that would like to work out with a pretty girl like me, eh?" He stopped doing his leg workout and concentrated on me. "How could I not want to work out with you? You're Midori, right? You're new around here."

I was surprised he knew my name. Had I become that much of a celebrity? I haven't done very many shows...

"Well, yeah, I'm Midori Minune!" I replied cheerfully. "And you are..?"
"Darren Lott. I just moved here, too. Well, awhile before you got here. I've seen you around the gym a lot. You sure like to work out." He stood up as he was speaking, "I can tell by your body."


I remembered tripping myself on the treadmill, how I could barely make the mile, and how I've avoided that infernal machine ever since. I get enough cardio just working. "I wouldn't say that I like it," I laughed, "As much as any normal person would."

"Well, you're very beautiful, Midori. Would you like to see a movie with me?"
I was caught off guard! Yeah, he was kind of flirting, but I wasn't expecting him to just flat out ask me out, I just learned his name! Even if he did, creepily, know mine. His bod was pretty hot, though.
"Sure!" I agreed.
"Today? Right now?"
"Well, I guess! I was going to work out, but I guess then I wouldn't have to shower..."
"Why? You look great!"

I don't even know what movie we saw. The whole time Darren was telling me how beautiful I was. How he keeps seeing me around town and can't get me out of his head. He has asked everyone he could about me and I'm just so mysterious, he wants to get to know me. To love me and treat me like a princess. I know it's so cheesy, but it was really sweet. I wasn't expecting the night to go so well. We talked outside the theater for hours, we didn't even eat dinner. We watched the stars and flirted.

"Midori, you should be my girlfriend, we get along so well," Darren suggested.
I was so infatuated I couldn't help but say yes and have my first kiss in Starlight Shores.


"Would you like to see my place?" I asked him.
"Definitely!"


"It's not much. I started building it myself. I had a little when I arrived and the rest is mostly from tips. Hope you don't mind the emptiness." I defended my home and he took it in silently. Then, he hugged me, "It's perfect so far!" I'm glad he approves.



We continued our lovey-dovey discussion from outside the theater. We also talked about serious stuff, like my plans for the house and kids. I wanted a boy, at least, but I didn't care how many.

"I'd love to marry you one day, Midori, you're so beautiful," he gushed. God, he was really making me fall for him. He was so nice, all he had to say were good things about me. I've never had this kind of attention before. He slept over that night, I had a feeling he wanted more than just the normal sleepover, but I just wasn't comfortable, I mean, we just met. He is nice though...and says all the right things.


No comments:

Post a Comment