Wednesday, June 27, 2012

1.13

Mandarin was getting fed up with her sister and instead of coming home to do her homework with her sister she made it a habit of going to the park or staying on school grounds until she was done.


Makoto find a new interest in working out. She told me she had to be big and strong for when she ruled the world, that silly girl. At least she has aspirations.


Maddox has taken a liking to this crazy doll Willard's parents sent, for being his first and only son. He has named it "Mel'dy". I think it's supposed to be Melody. He's such a smart kid.


He is the happiest baby! Always smiling and laughing!



The girl's birthday is coming up, but they both still act like they're three years old. Makoto loves being read to sleep.


And Mandarin has just as much fun playing peek-a-boo and Maddox does!


I'm always talking about how Mandarin is annoyed by Makoto, but I've caught her in the act of pestering Mako. Makoto was trying to do her homework, as they've stopped doing it together, and Mandarin decided she wanted to play racecar on the couch.


She was purposely being loud and obnoxious, which I had to put a stop to. That caused more obnoxious screaming from both of them. These girls fight way too much!


My baby girls were finally becoming young ladies. We invited their friends from school and some of Will's and my acquaintances. We made sure to have two cakes so they didn't fight over who got which piece and who blows out the candles.


Mandarin was first, then Makoto, and man! Did we ever hear the end of that from Makoto.

Besides that mess, it was a wonderful birthday party. The girls and I joked and talked about whether or not they would date anyone at their new high school. Of course I told them not to tell their father.


After the party I put Maddox in his crib and kissed the girls goodnight. Makoto went to bed right away, she was excited for her first day of highschool. Willard and I had bought a gift for the girls, but we knew Mandarin would have a real use for it. She had a talent for the arts, I went to bed, but I sent Willard out to give Mandarin the present.


"Mandarin," Willard pulled the box out from behind him, "Now, this is for both you and your sister, but your mother and I wanted to tell you, we think you'll have more use out of it than Makoto."
"Daddy! What is it? You didn't have to!"
"You're becoming a young woman," Will said with a sniffle, "and you need to start deciding what you're going to do with your life. You seem to have a more level head than Makoto, but I'm sure she'll find her place."


"Oh, Daddy! Thank you! Tell Mom I said thank you so much! I'm sure I'll love it!"
"Just have fun, sweety."

Mandarin took the package to her bedroom and set it in the corner. She knew she should wait for her sister, but Dad did give it to her. She slowly untied the delicate ribbon and opened the box. It was a keyboard! She always wanted to learn how to play an instrument and now she finally had one! She stroked the cold white keys, contemplating. She should wait until tomorrow to play with it, everyone was going to bed. She lied in bed thinking of all the beautiful music she could make and then the temptation was too great. She quickly sat down on the stool, hesitating before hitting a note, and then hitting the exact one she wanted. All of a sudden music was flowing through her fingertips, songs she's never heard before. She played all night long.


No comments:

Post a Comment