Wednesday, June 20, 2012

1.2

I was so nervous when the morning came around all I could think about was messing up. I decided to go to the gym, which would start being a regular thing for me, acrobats have to be in tip top shape! The treadmill was killer. Every two steps I was tripping over myself, my eyes started to burn...from sweat? I was determined to finish the mile goal I set for myself and God help me I will finish...I think..


My vision is getting blurry, so I shut my eyes. Just breathe, I tell myself, and count as I inhale, 1,2,3, and as a exhale. The treadmill beeps, I made it to the mile! So what if it was just power walking, I did it! I feel lightheaded, maybe I should leave the treadmill for awhile. As I step off I notice a guy in a green jacket kind of looking at me, but as I look towards him he turns back to the chin up bars and begins working out. I laugh at his display of masculinity, but admire how cute he is anyway. 

I'm really starting to like this town. I walk down the stairs to leave and run into a lanky looking guy with brown hair and glasses, which fall to the floor from the force of impact. He scoops them up as I try to process what just happened. "I-I'm sorry! I was lost in thought and-"

"It's all right.." he said quietly.

"Can I make it up to you? Dinner at my place? Maybe? Tomorrow! My name is Midori, what's yours?"
"Willard Wrigh-"
"Okay, Will, look me up! I've got to run!"

I was almost late for my show, but I was determined to make new friends. Plus, I felt bad. I practically broke his glasses and knocked him on the ground. If he didn't call me I would call him.

The steps up the stage were never ending. My breathing was shallow, there was no flippin' oxygen out here!!  I finally reached the center of the stage, took a deep breath, and began performing without stopping. I just did basic things at first, handstands, miming.


I started to get into it, I'm really having fun! The rush from performing was making me more confident. I decided to try a harder trick...


Juggling knives! The crowd really liked that!


I even felt brave enough to juggle the fire torches! I have never practiced these before but I have studied the acrobats on television. The show went wonderfully. The few people that showed up cheered me on and my nervousness went away as soon as I started performing. Like I was born to do this! Everyone told me how great I did for a beginner. I met a lot of new people and my dreams are starting to come true. I love Starlight Shores!

No comments:

Post a Comment