Tuesday, July 10, 2012

1.15

Makoto decided it would be fun to egg our neighbor's house.


Of course they were home and one of them walked out as soon as Makoto was throwing another egg. She had thrown at least a half dozen by then. You think she'd throw one or two and make a run for it. I wonder if she wanted to get caught. They called the cops, I was at work, but Will was home.


Makoto called him from the police department, "Dad! I didn't do anything that bad! I was just having a bit of fun!"
"Your mother will be very disappointed in you, Makoto. I'm not even sure if you're safer there or here."
"Please don't tell Mom!"
"Makoto, you know-"
"Dad, I can't talk long, just please come get me or I have to stay here all night."
All he could do was sigh as the line went silent.

The car ride was pregnant with silence, but as soon as the two made it through the door, Will had thought of a little something to say.
"I don't know why you're being like this, Makoto, what are you so angry about? Young ladies shouldn't be acting like hoodlums!"


"Dad, I was just, you know, frustrated with things!"
"You know I will have to tell your mother."


"Ugh, what do you care anyway, Dad!? All you ever do is read and stay cooped up in your room on the computer all day. You don't even get involved in my life at all! Go jump off a bridge or something!"

He pursed his lips and looked a bit hurt. He headed into the bathroom, Makoto could hear the sink running. She waited a moment outside the door, wondering if he was going to punish her for saying such mean things, then scoffed, grabbing her homework and joining Mandarin at the table.

"Well, that was interesting!" Mandarin exclaimed cheerfully, not lifting her eyes from her work.
"Don't talk to me, Mandy."


"You know maybe if you were nicer about it he wouldn't tell Mom. Not that I wouldn't tell her, but you should really be more respectful to your elders, especially your parents."
"Shut up, Mandy..." Makoto growled.


"Well I don't know how you're ever going to get a boyfriend with an attitude like that. Maybe you should take anger management. You should probably start wearing make-up, too, I mean, you're no spring chicken!"

That's when Makoto jolted up with such force the table was knocked back. Mandarin, startled, stood up as well.

"What the hell is your problem, Mandy!? You're such a loser, why can't you close your mouth for two seconds!? I've already been through enough today I don't need your snide comments on top of it!"


"Blah blah blah blah, youra sucha loozah, Manduh-dee!!" Mandarin mocked.


"It's not my fault you go throwing eggs at houses. You're soooo stupid, Mako! You keep blowing up like this all the boys will be making fun of you!"
"That's all you care about, Mandy? God, you're such a slore!"


Mandarin's cheeks were red hot, "What did you call me!?"
"A slore, Mandy. Mandy the Slore!"
Mandarin let out what could only be classified as some sort of warrior cry and jumped  on Makoto. "I'll kill you!!" She screamed, swinging her arms around like noodles.


The fight ended quickly, as it was pretty much one sided. Makoto is much stronger and much more athletic than my dainty little Mandarin flower. Makoto went relatively easy on her, surprisingly. Maybe she didn't want to get into much more trouble.


Mandy lifted herself to her feet, let out a little whimper and ran to my bedroom. At the sound of her cries Willard finally looked up from the book he was reading. "See, Dad, you didn't even get involved!" Makoto shouted at him.
"You should be nicer to each other," is all he said.
"Are you serious, Dad? She attacked me!"
Willard finally got angry, "That is enough, Makoto! I'm telling you right now, you both are grounded!"


"Fighting in this house is uncalled for!" he yelled, "Now go to your glob blob bedroom NOW!"

Makoto slinked silently into her room, no arguments at all. She's never seen her father so angry with her, maybe she did go a little too far calling Mandarin names.
Willard opened our bedroom door to a sobbing Mandarin.
"Daddy!" she cried immediately, "Daddy! She is s-s-soo meeaaann!!"
"Don't give me that crap, Mandarin, I heard the whole argument. You and your sister think I don't pay attention to what goes on between you two!? You said nasty things to her! I'm not saying she doesn't deserve it, but not from you, young lady!"

+
"You are sisters! Twins! You should be looking out for each other, not stabbing each other in the back! You're grounded, both of you."
"Dad, that's not fa-"
"Don't argue with me! You're grounded!!"
And with that Will left Mandarin to her tears in our room to continue his reading.


I got home from my show and Will told me everything. Makoto was already asleep, or pretending to be, and Mandarin was still holed up in my bedroom facing the wall. Of course most of the conversation was Mandarin ranting and raving about her sister. She's convinced Makoto is her evil twin, here to test her throughout her life.
"Mandarin, dear, you have to learn to be friends with your sister. As you mother, it breaks my heart to not see you two get along. What about you brother, Maddox? What will he grow up thinking about you two? He will never have happy memories of his big sisters because they were so busy screaming at each other."


"I love you three very much, with all of my soul. Please just try to be nicer to your sister."
"I'll try, Mom.."
I kissed her forehead and sent her off to her room. Willard and I had a nice chat about the girls and the events of the day. I never thought raising twin girls would be so difficult!


No comments:

Post a Comment